Saturday, January 7, 2012

DAY 4- HHCG DIET

Well it's Day 4 and I should be seeing the weight slowly go. I felt really good this morning when waking up, not my usual draggy sluggish self. I could begin to like this person. :) I weighed this morning as soon as I got up, well not so soon, I had to go through my ritual of putting coffee on so I could begin my day. One pound is gone, I wish it were two but one pound is better than no pounds at all. Thank you Lord for that one pound, please keep it, I don't want it back. It didn't look good on me. Time went a little faster today. I did feel nauseated around 10:00 a.m. but I drank a bottled water and it quickly passed. I think the reason being is where I'm use to eating breakfast. I was and still am a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Someone once told me that you should eat breakfast like a queen (king), lunch like a princess (prince), and supper like a pauper. It makes one wonder if we aren't backwards with meal planning. I have a sister-in-law who when my brother was alive always made fantastic suppers because she believed it was the most important meal of the day. It worked for her cause she was always a small made person. Skipping breakfast has been the hardest part for me since being on the HHCG Diet because I love to go to Huddle House to have a Philly Cheese Steak Omelet if I don't cook at home. I was very impressed with myself this morning because I wasn't expecting or desiring to eat breakfast. Coffee was sufficient and once I started my day it was no time before it was time for me to eat lunch. I have been eating my lunch between 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and supper between 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. I try to have supper as late as possible but before 6:00 p.m. because when I come off this diet I want to be in the habit of not eating after 6:00 p.m. unless it's a raw veggie or fruit. For lunch I made a salad with 3.5 oz chic breast (110 cal), 4 pieces of loose leaf lettuce (4 cal), 1 melba toast (20 cal), and 1 small orange (45 cal) for dessert. This gave me a total of 179 calories. Supper consisted of 3.5 oz Tilapia (97 cal + 5 cal for seasoning), 1 melba toast (20 cal), 1 small apple (57 cal)which gave me a total of 179 calories. Total for the day was 358 calories When fixing Tilapia I sprinkled it with a dry BBQ powder. I love BBQ as long as you can't smell vinegar in it but I thought since I'm counting every calorie I would use a dry BBQ powder and let me tell you, it was soooo delicious. This will definitely be part of my regimen when cooking fish after this diet. John, my husband, doesn't like fish but I may even be able to persuade him to try it. Ok, one pound down so I'm on my way. Let's see what tomorrow brings. See you tomorrow evening. Oh, one last thing I'm also going to begin reading my Bible from Genesis to Revelation this year (I've never done that). I'm a topical reader. I enjoy studying on a topic so this will be new for me but going to make a great effort. A hot fresh cup of coffee is waiting for me, have a good evening, I'll see ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Total Pageviews