Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mindset Pleasing to God

Dying out to ones self can be a very difficult task to do. We become accustomed to the way we personally do things. We have a mindset that we have grown to depend on rather it is a judgemental mindset, a humble mindset, or a consistent mindset. Let me explain.

A judgemental mindset is when you know you should not judge another person. Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.Yet, no matter who makes a mistake or falls by the wayside, we just can't keep our mouths shut. We have to put our negative word in or our so called "knife in the back". Some of us like the "I told you so" theory.

A humble mindset is one where you know and act upon what the Lord would expect you to do. You bridle your tongue no matter what you may be thinking. You don't give into the, "You might as well say it since you're thinking it". You know that is a lie straight out of hell and you will not give place to the devil. Psalms 39:1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

A consistent mindset is much like the humble mindset except you keep that humbleness no matter where you are. If you are in your home you don't give in to personal thoughts because you may be a hindrance to your lost spouse or children. You are a consistent Christian. You make a prayerful effort to gain control of your tongue and your thoughts. James 3:1 If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Living for the Lord is not a hard task but we make it difficult on ourselves. Right now I'm studying on women's dress, attitude, modesty, etc.. I didn't realize how I would love to disagree with some things but it is of the flesh and I know that I have to listen and read with my spirit and not my mind.

I have been praying for the Lord to search me and reveal those things in my life that are not pleasing to him. Do I like what God is showing me? Surprisingly, No! But if I desire, as I say I do, to do His will then I may not like what God is showing me but I have to accept it because I asked him to reveal those things. I don't want to stay in my own ways. I want to be able to win souls for the Lord. I want to be a great influence on the women I teach in Bible study. I so desire to influence youger women to serve the Lord and teach them Christian life is only hard because we make it hard but if we stay tuned into the Lord then we can live a godly life everyday. Titus 2:4-5 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,  5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Search yourselves and see what mindset you have. Is it one that is pleasing to the Lord. You know in your heart that is the only mindset that is acceptable.

No comments:

Total Pageviews