Friday, September 12, 2008

Is It Too Late

By viewing the gas prices I’m sure you can tell that those on fixed income are spending more money without more money coming in. Allowances for increase in food and gas is not added to the monthly check.

We can complain until the cows come home. Until we understand what to do and what steps to take we have no control over these things. Until we make a stand against gas prices the American people will not see a change other than everything getting worse. We need someone to teach us what steps to take to make a difference in the economy. This same teaching works in Christianity. The psalmist David speaks about asking God to teach him to walk in His ways so he will be pleasing to him.
Psalm 25:4-5 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psalms 27:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
Psalm 86:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Psalm 119:12 Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

We are failing at seeking God when it comes to making decisions in our lives concerning finances, marriage, children, etc… We tend to think we have all the answers or we don’t want to bother God with such frivolous things. God wants to be bothered. He wants us seeking him for every area in our lives. We will live a more productive life and have less problems if we only turn to the Lord to guide us and teach us his ways. Once we allow Jesus Christ to guide us and teach us in all things then we will be able to deal with the economy, our marriages, our children, our home life, and on and on.

Won't you give your all to Jesus today and allow him to be the pilot and not the co-pilot. Our prayer is that you do just that. May the Lord richly bless you today.

No comments:

Total Pageviews