Monday, April 30, 2012

GATHERING UP THE PIECES


Reminiscing about the past can bring back fond memories. Children, after they become adults. confess more things, we, as parents, would NOT like to know. The past can also remind you of struggles that didn’t end so well.  When family and friends gather at family reunions, parties, etc….. reminiscing can’t be dodged. The whole purpose of gatherings is sharing memories.  Most people enjoy sharing the past. Sharing hurtful pasts can send  many away feeling just as hurt as if it happened that very day. It may be the loss of a loved one, divorce, or domestic violence. I love my family and friends dearly but would never pry into hurtful things I know about or those I’ve only heard about, or question them about things I don’t know anything about.  I love enjoying my time spent with a friend or family member whenever we can grab a moment away from the hustle and bustle of a busy life. I like going to bed at night with a peaceful mind knowing everything that day stayed focused on the positive.

I have failed so many times when it comes to this area. I’ve had my feelings hurt too many times to count and mostly by Christians.  I’ve been personally attacked by people I thought loved me. I’ve been lied on and have been shocked the other person was believed over me. But thank you Jesus!!! I’ve been able to overcome. I am an Overcomer!!!! I’m sure I’ve done my share of hurting and many times over had to repent and ask God’s forgiveness. I will not use the famous term, “we’re only human” even though I’m very aware of that but that excuse doesn’t work with God so I’ve let it go out of my vocabulary. It’s a “cop out” phrase to make ourselves feel better for being so mean.

 I’ve put a burden on my family in the past because of dumping my pain and hurt on them. God wouldn’t allow me to approach the person who hurt me. I’ve asked about the scripture where it says, “go to him and him alone”. God has assured me “I” was not in the right mind frame to go to anyone at that particular time. I was biting nails and could say some very hurtful things. I’ve cried out to God telling him it’s not fair that they get by with it. God knows what’s best for us and his reason for our not fighting back is more important than our reason why we should fight back. God instructs us to not let our good be evil spoken of. Some people profess God but their hearts are far from him.  One thing God has showed me in my christian life is not to get involved with those who whisper and talk between their teeth. Nothing good ever comes out of that person when they do those things. I’m thankful my family has been my covering, my protector and they let me bounce off them (not always a good thing). I should say they tolerate my annoying tantrums. They don’t always agree with me but my family prays with me and they pray for me. I’ve been given  a “good talking to” from my husband and son who knows God’s word very well. I take to heart their instructions though I don’t like what I hear and at times even feel they joined forces with the other side  but I know they will not lead me astray.

I thank God for the ability to pick up the pieces in “His name” and go forward. For I have been broken and I have been shattered into many pieces. God weeds people out of our lives. I don’t mean he wants us to shun them but you should never confide in or bring this person into your inner circle of friends. They ‘ARE NOT’ doing a God service when they are cruel to you. You can pray for them but keep them at a safe distance.  It doesn’t matter what has happened in your life or who has hurt you. God will deliver you. You will be an overcomer if you trust in God and not turn to your own ways.  When I’ve been broken or abused I have a tendency to go into silence. God doesn’t allow me to talk much during this time. He knows my mouth can be my downfall.  When I’ve been questioned for being so quiet I’ve told people I’m in my desert place and God is teaching me something, he is wanting me to learn something. God has been teaching me that I’m not the easiest person to get along with. I know I can be critical and I absolutely love those who are not afraid to tell me they don’t agree with me but yet don’t get mad at me. At least I know our cards are on the table and we are communicating. We are agreeing to disagree so to speak.  I may disagree with you but I’ll still respect you for taking a stand on what you believe. I will NOT talk about you behind your back. It’s not disagreeing that is the problem. It’s how we disagree. If you’re going to be hateful and argumentive I’ll leave you to yourself. I don’t need it. Being mean to others is not my way of communicating.  Disagreeing can be done in a civil manner and still remain friends, family, or acquaintances.

It doesn’t matter what you have went through in your past or what you are presently going through. God will help you pick up the pieces and make you an overcomer through him. Open yourself up and allow him to take control. If you have never accepted him as your Savior then you should do that first then you simply need to pray and study his word. Allow God to make decisions for you. Go gather up your pieces.


No comments:

Total Pageviews