Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 - A Time of Sharing or Not?

What are your plans for the New Year? Anything you can stay true to? Well that sounds like me. I make new resolutions each year only to fail at the majority of them. Of course my relationship with the Lord is my first priority. There is nothing to make a decision on there other than being a better servant for the Lord and finding out what he has for me to do for Him in the upcoming year. My life with the Lord is not up for questions when it comes to a new year. He's my Savior, my healer, my friend, my everything!!

Now weight loss seems to be the usual on the list of resolutions each new year. I've spoken with a lot of people over the years who desperately want to lose weight and many do only to gain back the same amount or more. I'm going to make another attempt at the HCG diet. I began it three weeks before Christmas and made an abrupt decision to stop until after the holidays. Holidays is never a good time to begin any change in your eating habits because many can't stick to it and I am most definitely one of them. If you think it's easy then you are among the very few and I'm jealous of you, lol. I will be the first to admit I love to eat. There are even times I absolutely adore what I eat. Food is not only a comfort food for me it is a joy. I know that probably isn't politically correct to say but hey I'm being as honest as I know how. The actual week I was on the HCG diet I lost 17 pounds. I lost 10 pounds the second day. I don't know what it was, fluid or fat, but it's gone. I lost 5 pounds the third day and 2 the fourth day. The fifth day I had to do some running around, paying bills and such and didn't have my HCG with me. Let me tell you if you have a very busy lifestyle keep your HCG with you. I began failing :(

What is HCG? I won't give full description here. You can look it up on the internet. In a nut shell HCG is a pregnancy hormone which combined with a daily 500 calorie diet can make a way for quick weight loss of abnormal fat (belly fat). There are loads of pros and cons concerning HCG. All I will say is I liked what I read about the pros and I know someone who has went on it, lost weight, and loves it. Unless you've been overweight you'll never understand how those of us feel who are desperate to get the weight off not only to look better but many of us are diabetics and this may be our way of being insulin free. I can't speak for anyone else but I hate taking insulin and I hate being sluggish and weak all the time. I know I'm getting older and my energy levels will slow down but I need some much needed energy I once possessed. Weight loss is my only way and I'm terrified of having gastric bypass. Please by all means research any diet you attempt to follow. I am not pushing the HCG diet nor making any health claims. I'm only sharing my experience thus far.

Now if you're wondering if I'm going to do a daily blog on here I'm just not sure at this point. Allowing all of you in my personal dieting may be just what I need to encourage me to stay on this diet. My question is, will you encourage me? I still need more time to think on this one but will publish sooner or later. One thing I enjoy about this diet is I can still have my coffee!!! That is such a plus for me. Do I hear an Amen from my coffee drinking friends and acquaintances???? If I do report on here about my last approach at weight loss I will also share what moods I'm in and what I'm going through at the time. I may turn into a coffee junkie. My son thinks I'm already there! Coffee is my "thing", flavored and non flavored.

So while I'm praying about rather to put my weight loss in the public eye or not you have a wonderful, safe Happy New Year and if you have nowhere to go or nothing to do come be with us at Gilliam Chapel Baptist Church, Clutts section, Cumberland, Kentucky on December 31 beginning at 10:00 p.m. for a "WATCH NIGHT" service. We'd love to have you with us! If you can't make it then please help me pray that I'm doing the right thing and ask God to lead me in the right direction to becoming insulin free.

Thanks for allowing me to share with you tonight as I sit here crashed on my couch after a weekend of much needed family time with my children and grandchildren. I'm at my happiest when my children are together in 'our' home. Lots of wonderful memories are shared. Even all the little dogs had an awesome time visiting together! God Bless!

No comments:

Total Pageviews