Saturday, October 17, 2009

TIME IS MOVING RAPIDLY



Time is rapidly passing us by. I didn't realize just how long it has been since I've posted anything. Have you ever gotten so lost in your own world of work and business? That appears to be my situation lately. Where on earth did summer go? Fall is here and the weatherman is speaking of snow!!!!! I never intended to get so busy that I let my gift from God take a side seat. Maybe I was in a desert place to be recharged, ya think? Hold on I need my coffee then I want to spend some time with you.

Ok, coffee is beside me. For some really weird reason our furnace stopped running at the end of last winter so we are using ceramic heaters in two rooms of our 10 room house. So you can imagine how chilly it is in here. It's cold here in our office because I got this myticulous idea to put up walls to separate our home office from the rest of the house so if I begin my home office business it would be ready to go with more privacy. I grabbed a sweatshirt to knock the chill off. A hot cup of coffee completes my hunt for warmth on this chilly day.

Last week actually began our cooler nights. Our son, Johnathan Monhollen, felt impressed by the Lord to hold a week long outdoor revival. Not many showed up because everyone is in fear of the swine-flu virus being introduced to the atmosphere this year. But two young people accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour during this revival and that made it worth it all. We may never understand why God does what he does but He knows exactly what he is doing. If we listen to ourselves we would never think of holding a revival outdoors on any evening when the chances of the temperature dropping may be below 65 degrees.

Billy, one of the men in our church has been a sidekick to Johnathan and Johnathan is Billy's sidekick. If you watched them in church and listened to them talk you'd think they were brothers. Now you're hearing this from me, Johnathan's mother. Our son has had many friends in his life and there has been one other person who I would say was like my son. I feel very honored and blessed to have someone who I would say could pass for a son of mine. Billy supported Jonnathan with his presence and help all week helping him organize and get things in order. Everyone needs a friend like that in the Lord. With our lives being so busy in the ministry it helps to have a brother or sister in Christ who is willing to help hold us up. Proverbs 18:24 - A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

It was a joyful time during the revival yet a sorrowful one. This time last year we had a wonderful lady whom I use to work with when I taught in a christian school, Susan Gilbert, sing with her family at our outdoor revival even though she was fighting cancer. She lost her battle with cancer and went on to be with the Lord recently. In Heaven she found her total healing. I was out of town during her wake and had to work the day of her funeral so I didn't get to show my respects but the Lord knows what an impact Susan had on my life and the love I had for her as a friend and sister in Christ. She was the type of person everyone loved when they met her the first time. Susan was a positive person and found good in everything as well as everyone. I envy her in the sense that she is with Jesus Christ now and speaking with him face to face. 2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Time is moving so quickly I feel life has went into speed dial. One push of a button and everything has changed. We need to be so very cautious that our relationship with the Lord does not change in any other way than a better way. Our walk with Jesus Christ is an important walk. Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 7 Remember them which have the rulea over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.  8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Let us be wise and knowledgeable in our speech for the day is approaching and we should want to be found faithful to the cause of Jesus Christ.

I enjoy talking about the Lord. I enjoy saying something good about God every time a customer comes in. I want them to know rather they are serving the Lord or not that Jesus Christ is real and my life isn't worth living without him. I really can't tell you anything else I'd rather speak about. Speaking of Jesus keeps me from gossiping, keeps me from lieing, and keeps me from being dishonest. Anything that is not good or trusting is not of Jesus Christ. Sometimes I even tease the Lord by saying, "Oh come on God, come down and straighten these people out". haha! We all have our problems but you know I'd rather laugh, share something good with you, than to whine or complain about something I have no control over. Wouldn't you?

Go have your hot cup of coffee, hot tea, or whatever you are drinking on this cold and damp day. I'll speak with you soon. God Bless and love from my home to yours!








No comments:

Total Pageviews